Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Girls Night


This last Friday was very exciting and packed with all sorts of things.
It started out with mom picking me up to have my labs done for coumadin levels and all my other levels for chemo on Monday. From there we went to Black Bear for breakfast and even when I ordered from the "lighter side" of the menu it was still way too much food. Guess I'm just going to have to get used to that.
Then we went to Beauty Etc. in Suisun, it's in the Raley's shopping area next to the tanning place. Never knew it was there and holy cow do they have everything you could possibly want in wigs and hair pieces and everything to do with hair. So I tried on a few wigs, which was a little weird but as I had them on and got used to the different look, it was pretty cool. So mom was awesome and said do you want to get these and I said yes and she bought my new hair for when I lose mine. Very cool!!!!
We then made a trip to costco for a few items for the girls night and the best part was that I had the refund check from having the black premium card from costco and it didn't cost me a penny. Woohoo!!!
Mom dropped me off at home and Rob was home around 1 and we went and picked up moomoo from school. She was very excited to see us and we brought her back to our house where Krystal and David had already arrived. Then the cleaning began.......it wasn't as bad as I thought but it was quite exhausting. I made my famous taco meat and cut up tomatos and onions so everything was ready for tacos for dinner.
People showed up around 6 and there after drifted in and it was a good night. I showed off the wigs and everyone liked them. Tami bought all of us girls bandanas for those days that I'm not going out and just being at home that I have something to put on my head. On girls night we will all be sporting our bandanas and I have extras for those that weren't at this first one. It was very nice to have friends and family at my house. Granted it felt like I had done a marathon that day, but it was good all the same.
I look forward to our next girls night next month. As of yet, nothing has been scheduled but will let the girls know when the next one is.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I am soo glad that you had a good time. You really sounded well when I talked to you. Can't wait to see you and your new hair too!